When it comes to choosing the best yoga mat for your movement needs, there are a few things you might want to consider:
- Are you someone who likes to practice at home?
- Do you like to take your mat to the studio with you?
- Are you looking for a lightweight and compact mat?
- Do you want a mat that travels easily?
- Are you looking for a thick and supportive mat?
- What eco-friendly alternatives are available?
If movement is an important part of your lifestyle, we recommend investing in a good quality mat that will stand the test of time. Here are four tips to help you choose the best yoga mat for you:
1. If you want to be able to easily take your mat on the go, you'll want to choose a portable and compact option that is easy to transport and store. foldUP's Movement Mat folds into a square and can easily fit in the Movement Bag, or even a tote bag. It weighs 1.2kg making it more than half the weight off many other mats on the market.
2. If you're someone who needs a bit of extra cushioning to support your joints, you'll want to consider investing in a thicker yoga mat. A thicker yoga mat will provide the right level of support for your practice, ensuring that you're able to maintain proper alignment and avoid injury. foldUP's Movement Mat is 6mm thick and can be folded in various ways to add even more support.
3. Another factor to consider when choosing a yoga mat is its eco-friendly credentials. Many yoga mats on the market contain harsh chemicals, heavy metals and PVC - a toxic plastic that is harmful to both humans and the environment. If eco-friendly options are important to you, there are so many alternatives! foldUP's movement mat is made from 100% top grade TPE material - containing no harsh chemicals and is much better for the environment!
4. Consider is how much support and comfort you need for your practice. A good yoga mat should provide the right level of support for your practice, ensuring that you're able to maintain proper alignment and avoid injury.
If you thought it wasn't possible to have all of these requirements in a yoga mat, think again. The Movement Mat was designed as a solution to the problem - a lightweight, compact, supportive and flexible Movement Mat that will support your body in your practice. We're revolutionising a more comfortable and convenient way to move.